Friday, September 4, 2009

A weekend's Repose and an Old Hobby

After a stressful weekend culminating in a stressful friday night, I decided last week to take off work and take off for Reno. A delightful weekend was spent filled with sushi, music, a good friend, books on tape and a little gambling and absinthe, mixed with some GRE studying. I have to say that the opportunity to get away from Eugene and responsiblity was wonderful.
The next 6-8 weeks will be filled with new adventures, like taking the GRE, applying for nursing school (again), starting my last term of pre-nursing classes, and hopefully taking a sailing trip around the San Juan Islands.
The next 6-8 months might be filled with adventures too. I haven't ventured to dream for a very long time, but picking up on that old hobby is quite delightful. If I had my way my near future would involve vising orphanages in Africa and Asia, buying a sailboat, getting in to nursing school, and moving. Big dreams, but it's better than no dream.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see what you do!