Monday, September 14, 2009

Five Friends

I met you last week, and you said we connect. I see your value, I love your soul. I wish you knew your beauty, I wish you weren't killing yourself. Your heart needs love, your body need food. You allow yourself love, but not nourishment. I hope you don't have to die to realize that you want to live.

I met you two years ago, this month we became friends. You take care of everyone, the eternal big sister. Your soul oozes art, and you give it expression. I've seen your pain, I know your struggle. But know, little one, that you will find peace. You will fight and you will win; your prize will be safety. And know, sweet girl, that I will always love you, no matter the distance between us.

I met you five years ago, we were not instant friends. But now you are the world to me, you have been my salvation. Your path will change, our friendship will change, but I'm so happy for your new life. You have grown so much, with such keen growing pains. But the product is breathtaking, and you are beautiful. I will be there for you as you have always been for me.

I met you seven years ago, since then we've been friends. I admire your calm, it gives me peace. But don't be deceived, you have strength under the sweetness. You know what is true, and you fight for what is right. You will always feel like home to me, you will always be safe.

I met you twelve years ago, I haven't seen you for seven. We have seen the world like in a house of mirrors. The truth is evasive, and we have not agreed. Under all our love are layers of misunderstanding and distrust. I will always love you, but I struggle to believe you. I hope we can clear the fog, for I want to support you. I hope we can find what we had as children.

No comments: