Monday, August 16, 2010

Stanley

Everyone in my family has always had a soft spot for Stanley, ID. Before I was born my family spent two summers living there, my father working as the pastor of the single church in Stanley.

Earlier this summer I eagerly bought a trail guide to hikes around Stanley. I thought "I would love to hang out more in the Sawtooths this summer!" So I relished the opportunity to spend last weekend camping at Little Red Fish Lake.

The weather was sketchy, but the company was delightful!

Melody - "Um, I think that's a huge storm headed straight towards us on the top of this mountain that we just hiked up. Maybe we should hike down!"



Nathan and Hilary



Run away! Before we get crushed by that typhoon! (Melody and Mrs. H, great hiking companions)



Little Red Fish Lake - This was basically our view from the campground.

1 comment:

Susan-M- said...

This looks beautiful. I've not yet been to the Sawtooths.