Sunday, May 17, 2009

A sincere apology and a genuine promise

Last week, as I sat in the soho blue and brown dining room of Zeb and Sarah's Annapolis apartment, breathing in the smell of middle eastern meatballs and familial love, I recieved a bit of shocking news. My dear sister, who is a faithful and talented writer, claims that she has checked my blog every day and apparently has noticed my lack of dedication. A combination of emotions and character traits has lead to this unfortunate occurance. First, I stand apart from my siblings not only in my insatiable love for science but also in my lack of inclination to use writing as an artistic expression. Although I enjoy greatly reading the works of brilliance that issue from my siblings, I'm more inclined to express myself by cooking a phenomenal meal or folding an origami crane. Second, my own "go, go, go" personality does not leave a great deal of free time for writing. Even now I'm shoving down feelings of resentment toward Sarah who has dragged me back into this time consuming hobby. For those of us who lack the inspiring breath of Erato in our ears, a simple blog post can be the work of an entire afternoon. With hard work, however, I may be able to cut this down to a more reasonable time commitment. And thirdly, there is a small amount of fear and intimidation at the thought of trying to live up to the quality of writing exhibited by my siblings.
All of this aside, however, I am making a renewed commitment to be more faithful to Two French Fries Short. I know, at least, that Sarah is reading, and that is enough for me.

7 comments:

indiake said...

YAY! Now you know you have at LEAST two faithful readers as I check your blog every time I read, Sarah, Jem or Val's. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Trespasser said...

PHEEWW! I've been holding my breath for untold months. Finally.

Sarah said...

Woo Hoo! Finally! Don't worry about it too much, don't make posts perfect or they'll never go up. Just let us know what's happenin'!

JShaffer said...

I love reading your thoughts, brilliant or otherwise! We are still relishing our memories from your visit!

Sarah said...

OK, so, time to post again! You promised!

Valerie said...

I've finally gotten back to it. Now I'll remember to keep checking it.

Mm said...

I'm always behind but it does not matter since I rarely know what day it is anyway. I will be checking in, too.