Saturday, April 10, 2010

Swimming

I recently got a membership at the YMCA for two reasons: primarily to be a part of a rock climbing club, which I'm enjoying tremendously, but also to try and get back into my old hobby of swimming.


The last two days I've gone to the pool. A little timid at re-entering my old stomping grounds after such a long absence, I nonetheless donned suit and googles and bravely set out for the pool.


Both aquatics center trips, however, have been doomed. On thursday I swam 150 yards before everyone was kicked out of the pool due to ickyness needing to be cleaned up. Yesterday was even less successful. I stepped out of the locker room to see an empty pool with no estimation of reopening soon.


It seems that God or the universe is telling me not to swim. Despite all signs to cease my efforts, however, I will press on. I'm off to the downtown YMCA to try their pool.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm impressed by how determined you are. Especially after having worked in enough pools to know what's in them. The tummy simply churns, my dear.

Sarah said...

Don't give up! The pool stars will align soon :)