Saturday, February 6, 2010

My first week in Boise

One week ago right now I was pulling into the driveway of my new home on Columbine Ave. My first week here started with watching Jem perform with the Idaho Dance Theatre, which was a real pleasure considering I haven't seen him dance in a few years. The rest of the week was a mixture of cooking, puzzling, and cleaning. In in the middle of the week I had a flurry of job-related activity, including two interview. I seem to be zeroing in on a wonderful nanny job in the north end. The family is checking my references this weekend, and short of unknown and catastrophic results, I think the job is mine.

Today I watched Jem perform as a guest with the Idaho Ballet Company. I told him that I think they should replace some of their current dancers with him, as he had better balance, poise, and technique than some of the company members. Oh well, so much for a sister's opinion.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad your first week went well!